Frequently Asked Questions

Where do I go to get a copy of a police report?

We are located adjacent to the courts in the Town of Niagara Town Hall, 7105 Lockport Road, Niagara Falls, NY14305.  The Public Records window is open Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 4:30 pm.  The window is closed for all government holidays.

Are police reports available to anyone?

Yes, with very few limitations such as juvenile information, the identity of a victim of a sexual offense or domestic violence reports containing information about open or ongoing investigations.  Nearly all police reports are available to anyone.

How do I pay a parking ticket?

You can pay the ticket in person or by mail.  All parking tickets must be paid or postmarked within 3 days of the date the violation was issued to avoid late fees.  To pay by mail send the ticket (please fill in the necessary information on the ticket) along with a check or money order (DO NOT SEND CASH) payable to the Niagara Police Department.  If paying in person the window is open from 8:00 am – 4:30 pm – Monday through Friday.

Is there a program offered for Domestic Violence?

Yes, if you feel that you are a victim of domestic violence or have any questions regarding domestic violence there is a local program and their telephone number is 438-3301.

How do I get in contact with the police department after hours?

If your call is of an emergency nature or you need immediate assistance, you can dial 911.  We partner with the Niagara County Sheriff’s Department for consolidated dispatching.  The non-emergency contact number is (716) 438-3393.  You also have the option of calling our general office number at (716) 215-1480 and follow the prompts to leave a voice mail message for the police personnel of the Chief of Police.  Please remember to leave your name, telephone number, your message or concern and the best time to return your call.