The Town of Niagara operates under a Town Supervisor form of government, with an elected Supervisor and four members of the Town Council

Initially called Fort Schlosser and renamed the Town of Niagara in 1812, the local history of the town generally reflects the history of the Niagara Frontier which is replete with settlements by Indians, Europeans, and determined pioneers.
For more than a century since its birth the Town of Niagara was mainly a farming community with much of the local activity centered around the Military Road area.

Today, there is considerable commercial, residential and industrial development and Military Road remains a main artery for transportation and activity.

 

Final Assessment Roll